Saturday 31 January 2015

Things that define me

This post is a part of #UseYourAnd activity at BlogAdda in association with Gillette Venus

There are a lot of things that make us who we are. It is not just our good looks that make us a good human being, right? It takes a lot of things to be a good human being like good nature, helping attitude, care and a lot of other things.
Well a lot of people say that what is difficult for human beings is to be human. My question is why? Why do we humans forget humanity? What is the purpose of our life if we cannot serve the society or do any good to mankind?
Well I am not a social worker or one of those women who spend evenings at the NGOs. I am somebody who cares for the society and who is human. Yes in my opinion, the first thing that should define anybody is humanity. We are all here for a purpose, if well we cannot serve the society where we live our very existence is pointless.
The next thing that defines me is my calm and patient nature. Well I have always believed that if you can talk and blabber you should also be ready to listen to the others. It is very important to be a good listener and I think I do hear people out. This I think is utmost important because misunderstandings happen mainly because the person did not listen to the other or refuse to do so. So hear people out, it’s a good thing to do. I am very calm and patient and this I have learnt from my mother. We women are quite often subjected to various quarrels or many a times these one dimensional labels. It is very easy for everybody to call us (women) names and try to categorize us. What is important is that we should not give up on our patience. Irrespective of what people say, we should stay determined and never lose our calm. I am not saying that don’t fight any argument or anything but all that I am saying is that hear people out, care less and be more determined.

Human, calm, kind and patient. This defines me as a woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment