Thursday 18 December 2014

Teddy Travelogues

This post is a part of Teddy Travelogues Campaign by Club Mahindra in association with IndiBlogger. Here is the link to the same- http://membership.clubmahindra.com/TeddyTravelogues/index.html

Well, before I even say something to start with this topic. Let me tell you that I am pleased to write about this one especially. Innocence is one word that comes to my mind immediately when you speak about children. It doesn’t matter of what caste, creed, religion etc. just the word innocent describes kids the best.
I have had the fortune of being in and around children always in my personal life and even professionally and I have loved it the most, every moment I spend with kids; has been loved by me truly. Let us today discuss about why travelling with kids is always regarded as fun and is always remembered.
Why is it so different from the other vacations we go on? Well the only answer I get to this one is that it the energy and the positive attitude and that zest that the children have keeps us on the move and makes us do all crazy stuff. Let me share with you one such instance of my personal life where I took my child for a vacation and how it still is a cherished memory for him as well as me.
It was that time around the year which we look forward to the most and especially as a working mother all the more. The summer break; it’s the best time and rather the most quality time that we get to spend with our children and so was it for us. We decided to pack our bags and move on to lonavala, one of the most beautiful places to be visited especially during summers, so that you can get rid of the city heat and pollution.
So, it was a well-planned vacation and things were going well. It was only until my little one insisted on going for activities which I had never done all my life. He came up to me and said Mom, please take me for river crafting; rappelling and the list went on. I briefly remember telling him that I am tired and need to rest for a while, only so that he was convinced to leave and not continue his list.
I know this may sound weird, I mean you go on a vacation only to rest, but it’s been different for me. I have not been an active player while in school or even during college. For me vacations have been that time when I am at peace personally and relaxed with the idea of not going to work. But let me tell you it’s seen differently by kids and they eagerly look forward to this and so did mine. Let me share with you my story of vacations so far, it’s always been very simple where I get time to chill out with family and friends and catch up with family who stays far away. Besides that it has involved the regular partying and clubbing events and as I said I have not been a very enthusiastic sports person, so all these activities were always a big NO for me.
But as they say, you live your childhood twice; once when you are a child and once when you have a child and that has been the case with me. But sports and me have been like mixing Aloo with fish. And hence I told my son to let me be, only so that I could escape from the river climbing and etc..
He was sure of going for all he planned and hence this time there was no escape for me, I had to give in to his demands and hence went ahead with what he insisted doing first (Rappelling), I was so scared that I was in tears but I had to do this for my son and more so because of what he told me before we went for this “ Mom when I was young did you ever give me milk without checking how hot it was, or would you not check it by spilling it on your palm first only so that I did not burn my tongue” These  words took me back and made me realize what he wanted to say. I gave in to his wish and went ahead with a life threatening activity, rappelling is what they call it. I was shivering then but I finally managed to do it and so on went the other set of activities.
It was only during this vacation of ours did I realize what my son taught me and what it is to be on a vacation truly. Guys let me tell you vacation is beyond chilling and having the long and never ending gossip sessions. It is about being with your children in every moment of joy and enjoying things with them. As I said previously it is about reliving your childhood and doing all the things that you have not been able to do.
Let me also tell you I even started playing Badminton and have begun cycling now on daily basis after our short vacation. A child can bring out the best in you. Relive your childhood with your children and form memories that can be shared with a smile for each one.



No comments:

Post a Comment