Sunday 21 December 2014

The D-Day

This post is a part of #WillYouShave activity at BlogAdda in association with Gillette.

Well, I happened to read about this Blog, where we are all asked to share our real life story ,on how having a clean shave look was beneficial or rather appreciated by all. When I read about this I could not stop my hands off writing and decided to put on this post , to share with you my real life story and how it changed everything for me and my then boyfriend, now my partner.
To start with let me tell you ours was not a normal arranged marriage as they call it and very abnormally as people call it or make it sound like; it was a love marriage and hence you can only imagine the amount of drama to this. For little did I know that before I even get my loved one introduced to my family, that they will have a say on his appearance. I knew that there was something fishy to this and hence took my younger brother to the side and asked him as to what was the entire fuss about. After a tough provoking session and bribing of course, he finally spoke the great words of wisdom and said  “Mom happened to see you and him together when he was down in the building the other day, when he had come to drop you”.
So, I went up to my great mother India and asked her to give her opinion, after a lot of melodrama she told me “ well, you deserve a better looking guy and that he is not worth you, you are my beautiful princess and the guy is not so good looking and well groomed.  I knew where all this was coming from and had made up my mind to give Rahul (my husband now) a piece of my mind.
I knew the solution to this problem and told my loved one to please come clean shaven and will remember this all his life, unless he wants to lose out on me. Well he was and is still very loving and understanding and apologized to me for this and promised me to have a clean shave before he comes to meet my parents.
Well, it was my birthday that we all chose to have this meeting on and so he was called for the normal interrogation that happens before every marriage, especially love marriage (mind you, because your parents feel you are still incapable of making such decisions @25 in your life). So I had prepared him well in advance for all the questions and that he had to impress his mother in law the most.
We chose a small time and quite restaurant for the meeting and we had all reached and were waiting for him to arrive. As he entered the restaurant, my heart melted looking at him in a plain white shirt and blue jeans (Guys, this is the best dress code for any event and will never go wrong), he had his perfume put on and his face clean. I could see clearly this time that he was dressed to impress and so I look on further to the reaction of my family who is the judge here. To my surprise my mother cannot have her eyes off him and I see her whispering into my Chachi’s ears, “Chokro Sutho Aaye in sindhi, which means the guy is looking good”. I smiled at him and from inside had a bundle of joy and a moment to scream out loud that “Yes, we won it finally”. (That’s how it feels to convince your parents for a love marriage)
We won half the battle is what I knew and the other half I knew he would take care of and so I smiled and thanked him through the gesture of my eyes. And so on went the rest of the meeting and here I am happily married to the love of my life. Well this is my story that changed my life, for my loved one did listen to me and went for a clean shave thereafter.
Hope this was encouraging enough for all you young couples out there and will make you attain victory in the war of love marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment