Saturday 13 December 2014

Rise Above Fear

This post is a part of the Mountain Dew Campaign in association with IndiBlogger. Here is the link to their Facebook Page-https://www.facebook.com/mountaindewindia 

Fear is it good or bad? Well to each its own and I believe like every two sides of a coin, this word also has a positive and a negative aspect. Positive, I am sure this has brought many thoughts to your mind and you are definitely wondering why on earth I will say fear has positive side also. Well I will give my justification to this. Sometimes fear brings out the best in a person and can have life changing effects on an individual. It can lead to a complete transformation of an individual which can be positive and hence I say fear or rather overcoming fear can have positive outcome as well. 

My personal thoughts and experience is what I am going to pen down today and want to motivate each one of you out there, so that none of us hold back our self and rise above fear and the feeling of fear. It is important that we face fear and obtain a result. It is important in life that we at least make the attempt , winning and losing are just two terms that decide upon a result or give name to the outcome of something that we do. But facing it and doing things is what actually is more important, because it gives us more than just victory or failure. It gives us learning, learning which is based upon self inputs and your own experience.

I am now going to share with you a personal story of rising above fear, and how it has changed my life into a better today and given me an experience of life time and a learning that will remain all throughout. Some of you might find this one funny or may not even look at it as a major fear, but only I can explain this and can narrate to you my experience on this. So I have been a hydrophobic since my childhood, I have never been in and around any place that is surrounded with water, or to put in a better manner, I have maintained a distance of miles even when around sea. My fear was till an extent that I got night mares that I am in my own washroom and that the water level has raised to an extent that I am sinking and can find no one to help.

Even when with my family and friends, I would ensure that I never go close to sea. I mean I am part of city which they say is surrounded by water and has been loved by all, but it was always different for me. When people spoke about how beautiful the sea side is early morning and after dawn, I only felt that it will eat me up and that I will drown. I always told my mom, I am scared of losing my life in any flood and she only laughed over it and comforted me by saying that she will be around. But little did anybody understand that this fear inside me grew each day and I needed to face it and get over it and enjoy every creation of god and our very own nature.

Let me now explain to you how a small little angel, yes she truly is my angel not because she is my little sister but more because she helped me overcome my fear that killed me each day and always held me back. This happened recently at an age where they say you have lived ¼ of your life; so I was on a small family location to the most beautiful place in the world and where people go on long vacations only to be by the sea side and enjoy the lovely nature. Yes I am talking about Spain, the most beautiful place and a place I will remember all life long, for what it gave me in return.
It happened so that we all planned to go to a very huge water park, which is one of the tourist attraction of the place and I almost pissed in my pants when I heard that and had no option but to go, as I could not be the reason for others not being able to enjoy, and so decided to go and stick by my mom’s side and gave clear instructions to all that I will not be part of any activity there. All my family members agreed with just simply that you are such a “Fatoo”, it was only this little angel who walked up to me and said Di, please come with me, I promise nothing will happen just hold my hand. In the start I resisted but later decided to give in after I saw my little angel’s innocent eyes calling out to me with so much affection. I decided to go and only told her that I will just stand and watch her; however she convinced me to put my feet in the pool and just sit. I agreed to her instructions and was later told to sit on a ride with her; else she would run away. I was scared at this time and told her a clear no but she kept insisting and all my family members insisted that I go for it and that they would all be around. After a lot of negotiations and a public scene in the park; I gave in and went ahead with all. It was only after the first ride I realized what I was missing on and decided to go for yet another one and so on. It was only this small visit to the water park and with all efforts of my little angel today that I am now learning swimming and enjoy the sea side beauty.

Just to end this story and give you a last update on my rising above fear, I even plan to go scuba diving someday, because I have now realized what I missed on all these years and want to make up for the lost time. I agree it was a small incident or rather initiative /effort made by me and my family but it has helped me overcome by biggest fear today and has given me a new way to look at nature.

Overcoming fear is an initiative made by oneself and be the efforts of others in motivating you to let go and rise above. 

To conclude I would just say try or make an attempt before you say it’s impossible because even the word impossible says I am possible.

Here is the Dew Film in Telugu, do watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment