Sunday 28 December 2014

Tell the Truth

This post is a part of Kinley's Kitna Chain Hota Hai Na Sachchai Mein Campaign in association with IndiBlogger.

Well what is honesty?  Is it only a policy that was used back in school and even till the management school for it’s said that Honesty is the Best Policy. What do we really understand of this term? So here goes my explanation or rather my understanding to this simple word Honesty which is equal to truth. It is a small word that we have been taught right from childhood; we have been taught that no matter what always speak the truth and also that a true person always attains victory maybe late but there is always success.
Again to be honest or truthful, the moment I saw this Happy Hour Topic which encouraged us to write our story of truth or when telling the truth was the right thing to do, I jumped on to write for this one as there is a story which is very close to my heart and which changed various important things in my life.
Here it goes:
It was the usual love story which began in the early days of teen and it was complicated like every other love story. This was more because the boy was of a different religion and we were trying to bring in peace or fit in our love between India and Pakistan, I am sure this needs no further explanation. So our love story went on for a few years till we both reached an age where confronting our parents was important and to make a decision was vital. For me, being a girl it was difficult and all the more because I came from a very conservative family where even thinking of a love marriage was a sin. Well so there came no question of me even putting across my case for presentation as I knew I will not get success. Even though they say Love has no boundaries or no religion, it still does not go down very well with our Indian culture or people and so was it at my place.
However I took this daring step with a lot of courage and of course with a lot of support from my loved one and shared my story with my mother assuming that she will at least want to listen to me and will not pounce on me. Well I briefly remember it was one such day where me and my mom were enjoying tea sitting in the balcony and when I opened up to her that I am seeing this guy from five years now and that I want to marry him. I told her that I needed your consent on this before I take any step further. My mom told me that she needed time to think about this and she even told me that she knew about this since a long time. To be honest I was very relaxed after sharing this with my mother as there was this satisfaction that I will no more have to play hide and seek with my family and someone very close to me knows about it.
So on moved the rest of the things from there. With me speaking the truth, to the meetings and convincing, we managed to pull it off and got hitched just last year. I am glad today that although I felt things wouldn’t work out, they finally did. For all this I would just say that Truth has a lot of power, it can help you reach mountains.
We must speak the truth as it is always appreciated. To end this I would say “Sachchai mein bahut chain hota hai na” as it truly gave me peace after letting the truth out.

Watch this TVC here-

No comments:

Post a Comment