Sunday 7 December 2014

Yes or No to Pre-Martial Sex

This post is a part of the IndiBlogger Campaign. 
Here is the link to the book on the same: Poonaam Uppal's True Love - A Mystical True Love Story on Flipkart

Sex, as a word or rather topic itself is so controversial or derives so many opinions, thoughts around itself. In the olden days, people shied away from even using the term openly as it was considered to be a taboo. I as the youth of the country today, of this developing nation want to put across my thoughts for this personally, and I wonder why at times, I am told to hold back or rather keep shut while discussing these topics. Why is it that even though we say we are modernizing or adapting the western culture, we are still unable to discuss these topics at home or with parents? I am of the belief that the more you stop an individual from doing something, the more they want to do it. It’s like a mind of a new born kid, who is stopped from doing something and yet each time the kid wants to keep doing it only to learn for him/her, what happens after doing so.
The same applies to this particular topic, the more we as parents or as adults do not want to educate our children about it, the more they find means to learn it for themselves, by using the internet , peers group, etc. Sex is a natural thing, it is part of human life cycle, as through sex there comes generation of a new life, and this is how we keep the life cycle moving. If this how simple it is, why is that even today when there is a mushy kissing scene on television and I am told to change the channel or yelled at for watching such channels. It should not be made such a huge topic of controversy or of discussion , in fact we as individuals must educate our children about sex, so that they do not get information which is wrong or which may cause trouble for them later or put them in the so called wrong company of people.
Now coming to the topic of today’s discussion, whether it is yes to pre martial sex or no? I leave this choice to each individual personally. I am on the belief that one must not indulge in pre martial sex, and have reasons to justify the same. You may say that I come from orthodox background or thoughts, but well that’s not the case for me as an individual. I consider sex as a divine act, which may sound funny in the first instance but that’s how it is if you go back to the readings of our holy books. I understand that we are in a modern era and there is little space for such thoughts. However as I said to each it is own and there must always be space for discussion about such topics, because that is when our kids will be able to develop a thought of their own and decide what’s right and wrong for them.
So, coming to my thoughts on pre martial sex, I would say I am not for it, as it is about deciding for yourself who you can trust and love to the extent to go one step further and have sex. Because as I said, it is a divine act, it involves unity of two souls and connects them to a different level, a level of comfort, of love, of sharing the pain, of sharing their life together and hence I say I am against or to put it simply not in for this concept. Sex is more than just a physical act, it is beyond that and involves love and lot of trust among two individuals and also demands maturity. Maturity comes after a certain age and after crossing a certain phase of your life and hence I say one must get oneself into such things only when prepared or matured to the extent of dealing with it.
I have seen cases of people indulging in pre martial sex for the fun of it and facing complications that they are unable to deal with and regret the act. It can involve abortion, diseases that can be with you for a life time or affect you emotionally. Therefore one must be prepared and make such decisions with a lot of understanding and faith in their respective partners.
I conclude to say, I am not the one who agrees to pre martial sex, and believe that emotions play a vital role in sex and must be given the due importance while indulging in such an act.



1 comment: